Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Nice Guy Auto & Transmission in Norfolk
General Auto Repair Services
What People Say About Us
If ya need auto repairs I highly recommend Nice Guy's for honest quality craftsmanship and very reasonable prices. Jason (owner) is a great guy and will treat ya right. Very rare character in today's times.
Honest, fair, and professional. I don't think you could ask for more.
Jason worked with my schedule for work and leave and came in almost under half of what dealers left. Car work phenomenally. Literally recommending to everyone I work with for good mech. He's honest and hardworking and not trying to sell or rip you off. Will be using for all needs.
Jason was able to take care of the transmission problem accurately and not overcharge me. I recommend you try his service!
Jason is an honest mechanic. He lets you bring in parts and only charges labor. Even when an additional part was needed to fix my AC, he only charges me his original quote for labor.
First time and it was great! Honest and knowledgeable and perfect name for the company, because they are just that...nice guys!